Welcome to the website of Rick Olshak (He/Him/His)
These terms and conditions are entered into by and between the User (You) and Richard T. (Rick) Olshak (hereafter referred to as Site Owner). The following terms and conditions, govern your access to and use of the websites or online services of the Site Owner, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through olshak.com (the “Website”).
The Site Owner may revise and update these Site Terms at any time in his sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when posted, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Site Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
1. Legal Disclaimer - This Website is intended for information purposes only. The Site Owner does not provide legal services. The relationship between the Site Owner and his clients is not an attorney-client relationship. Advice and communications between the Site Owner (and any affiliated consultants) and the Site Owner's clients will not be afforded the protection normally afforded to communications between attorneys and clients under the attorney-client privilege.
2. Intellectual Property Rights - The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality of this Website (including but not limited to all information, products, services, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Site Owner, his licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Site Terms permit you to use the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
You must not:
If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Site Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at the Site Owner's option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by the Site Owner. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Site Terms is a breach of these Site Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
3. Trademarks - All product and service names, logos, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Site Owner or his affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Site Owner. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
4. Prohibited Uses - You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Site Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
Additionally, you agree not to:
5. Reliance on Information Posted - The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, and other professional affiliates. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Site Owner, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Site Owner. The Site Owner is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
6. Changes to the Website - The Site Owner and other professional affiliates may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and the Site Owner is under no obligation to update such material.
7. Linking to the Website and Social Media Features - You may link to this Website's homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not malign and/or damage the reputation of the Site Owner, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without the Site Owner's express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
You may use these features solely as they are provided by the Site Owner, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions provided with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
You agree to cooperate with the Site Owner in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. The Site Owner reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. He may also disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice.
8. Links from the Website - This Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. The Site Owner has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties - You understand that the Site Owner cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. THE SITE OWNER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE SITE OWNER NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE SITE OWNER MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE SITE OWNER NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH HIM REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. THE SITE OWNER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
10. Limitation on Liability - IN NO EVENT WILL THE SITE OWNER OR HIS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Indemnification - You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Site Owner and his affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Site Terms or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, any use of the Website’s content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Site Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction - All matters relating to the Website and these Site Terms and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Site Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Texas (in Harris County and Brazos County, respectively) although the Site Owner retains the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against you for breach of these Site Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
13. Waiver and Severability - No waiver by the Site Owner of any term or condition set forth in these Site Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of the Site Owner to assert a right or provision under these Site Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Site Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Site Terms will continue in full force and effect.
Copyright © 2004-2022 olshak.com - All Rights Reserved.
The views expressed on this site are that of the Richard T. (Rick) Olshak alone, and do not reflect the view of his employer or professional affiliates.
Articles and resources posted on this site may not be shared without his explicit written authorization.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder